We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
Please submit your CV in English
Job Overview and Responsibilities
- Ensure safe and timely arrival and dispatch of aircraft as well as timely processing of customers.
- As a front line leadership team member, ensure agents meet customer needs within ticket counter, gate, baggage service, Presidents Club (if applicable), and service center areas.
- Ensure professional, consistent delivery of customer service.
- Ensure adherence to all company policy and procedures and governmental regulations.
- Organize and conduct daily shift briefings concerning current operational conditions and planning, procedural and policy changes, and special events/activities/customer needs/facility issues.
- Encourage safe working behaviors among team members.
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members concerning customer service/product delivery, organizational goals, safety and procedural clarification.
- Position may have administrative reporting responsibilities (responses to customer care inquiries, shift reports, CRO reports, customer injury reporting, World Tracer claims).
- Model a professional behavior to team members.
- Participate in service recovery plans.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED or equivalent secondary school education
- Proven customer service skills, technical proficiency (ticketing, gate operation, customer processing, baggage service), professional appearance, and ability to coordinate the tasks of other employees (including vendor employees)
- Ability to make good decisions when resolving difficult situations involving internal and external customers
- Ability to work well with others as well as ability to lead team of co-workers
- Fluency in English and Italian (written and spoken)
- Possess strong (verbal and written) communication
- Must be willing to work any shift in a 24/7 work week, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Temporary 6 month assignment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Adapt to challenging operational situations and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to perform essential functions, including lifting heavy items
- Must be legally authorized to work in Italy/EU for any employer without sponsorship
- Experience with SHARES, and other airport applications (eSC, TIMATIC, Gate Reader)
- Fluency in other European languages (written and spoken)