We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations is the maintenance, repair and overhaul division of United. The department includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
Shift Manager - Aircraft Maintenance - EWR
Newark, NJEqual Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.NO AGENCIES PLEASEOverviewResponsible for the supervision and coordination of all maintenance functions on shift at the assigned location ensuring these activities are performed in accordance with schedule requirements and in compliance with all established Company, regulatory and manufacturers procedures. Assigns Supervisory, technician and related personnel in accordance with requirements to achieve maximum productivity and cost control.Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and direction to on shift labor workforce to maximize productivity and output in accordance with collective bargaining agreements where applicable whilst ensuring necessary resources are available.
- Build/reinforce a fair and respectful work environment through consistent application of CBA work rules and company policies
- Execute station performance goals and objectives aligning with divisional and company goals.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of operational, safety and human resource related performance objectives
- Oversee safety and security of aircraft and operations to ensure regulatory compliance of technical operations activities.
- Maintain a high level of communication with employee groups within the station.
- Report status of operations, highlighting significant events to leadership whilst providing direction to assigned station personnel to ensure station and divisional objectives are achieved.
- This position does require one to have the ability work rotating shifts.
- High school diploma, GED or education equivalent
- Some college level aviation or business related classes/training or comparable work experience
- FAA A&P License
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft maintenance operations and applicable FAA regulations
- 5 years in the aircraft maintenance industry with a minimum 2 years in management involving a leadership role required
- Must be flexible and willing to work any shift in a 24 hour/7 day a week operation including weekends, nights and holidays
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation Management, Business, Engineering, or related field, or comparable experience preferred
- Strong background and technical knowledge on fleet types operated and maintenance programs preferred
- 2 years in a leadership role within a maintenance organization including a unionized labor workforce preferred
- A proven successful track record preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is essential function of the position