We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Our Corporate Safety division implements medical programs and workers compensation, helps employees dealing with lost time to injury, and more.
Job overview and responsibilities
Manages Ground Safety Program Integration throughout the enterprise by actively analyzing leading and lagging safety risk indicators and facilitating implementation of cross divisional plan and processes to mitigate employee, asset and regulatory liability risk to the enterprise. Implement changes which will successfully impact injury and damage reduction. Provide leadership and direction to salaried and management employees to execute strategy for preventing employee injuries and aircraft damages. Provides corporate safety integration support and expertise to all divisions at all locations. Manages and is accountable for the integration team budget.
- Leads team in supporting enterprise injury and aircraft damage prevention; Manages site and special investigations into fatalities and incidents of a serious or systemic nature to prevent recurrence; Coordinates support of on site risk assessments and evaluations of work practices, investigations of personnel injuries, near miss and aircraft damages
- Designs, develops and ensures delivery of corporate safety training programs
- Represents United in working with government agencies; supporting internal and external audits; investigation and mitigation of regulator fines & violations
- Analyze and evaluate events affecting safety and provide feedback to senior division management on processes and procedures including improvement opportunities; Liaison with site leadership, frontline employees, labor & senior company leadership, assisting with or providing recommendations/solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Technical (industrial hygiene or environmental sciences) or Management field.
Minimum of 5 years of Safety related experience; leadership experience in implementing safety or system wide improvements in a large organization with a proven track record.
Supervision of management, union and non-union employees.
Project management experience, including: systems integration, budgets and resource management.
Advanced knowledge of OSHA requirements; proven leader.
Excellent communication skills, both written/oral, must have a comfort level specifically with executive leadership
Comprehensive understanding of applicable regulatory requirements
Experience with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) requirements
Board Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- BA or MS in aviation or industrial safety and health
Airline corporate and field operational safety experience.
Cross functional experience involving the application of safety process, initiatives, and risk assessment and compliance validations
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position