We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Technical Operations is the maintenance, repair and overhaul division of United. The department includes aircraft maintenance technicians, engineers, planners, ground equipment and facilities teams, supply chain teams and more.
The Sr. Manager, Tooling and Calibration manages the Logistics Planners, Calibration and Metrology Labs and Tooling Sales/Surplus to ensure all aircraft tooling are properly procured, calibrated, repaired and available to support United’s operations.
- Support tooling calibration and repair. Oversees technical support to reduce unnecessary shipping of tooling that can be repaired on location. Manage all OSV tooling allocations required to support aircraft maintenance programs
- Oversees the measurement and technical assessments for engineering, inspection and production groups for OEM/PMA parts and part damage assessments. Support Base/Line activities and standardize tooling processes
- Ensures correct allocation of aircraft tooling at all United Line, Base and OSV stations
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership position
- Must have experience managing a team with direct reports
- Experience developing and overseeing a P&L and capital plan
- Ability to interact and communicate with various work groups (across all levels including executive leadership) to complete the operation
- Must be willing to travel 30% – 40%
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Knowledge of FAA regulations & calibration procedures
- Continuous Improvement certification
- Experience running a multiple location operation
- Project Management experience
- A&P license a plus