We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines is seeking talented people to join the Enterprise Data Analytics organization. We are seeking creative, driven and detail-oriented individuals who enjoy tackling tough problems with data and insights.
The Customer & Employee Data Analytics team is responsible for driving data driven insights and innovation across the organization. This team leads data and analytics initiatives related to customer experience, employee insights, and utilizing customer and employee data to inform decisions.
As a Senior Analyst, you will partner with business and technology teams to define and execute data analytics initiatives that create sustainable revenue and share growth, efficiencies and cost savings. This role requires business intuition, project management experience, and a working knowledge of analytical tools. This role reports to the Senior Manager – Customer & Employee Data Analytics. Airline experience is not required for this position.
- Manages multiple enterprise projects that involve team members across all areas of the enterprise, vendors, external agencies and partners; accountable for deliverables by understanding and balancing the competing demands for project scope, time, and quality; responsible for tracking projects from ideation to completion, including creating detailed project plans and requirements documentation
- Partners with business stakeholders to identify key initiatives and execute solutions to business problems using data analysis and advanced analytics
- Extracts data from a variety of sources for use in analysis, models and project development; completes ad-hoc reporting and data analysis
- Develops and validates evaluation metrics and models to analyze business performance and areas of opportunity
- Leads status meetings and manage frequent communication to business stakeholders and IT teams
- Creates and presents ongoing and ad-hoc project status reports, and delivers presentations to senior audiences as required
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (statistics, engineering, business analytics, information systems, aviation management or related degree)
- Passionate about data analytics, strong strategic and critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, and strong attention to detail
- Experience working with large datasets and reporting or visualization tools, ability to tell a story using data
- Ability to proactively manage stakeholder expectations on current and future business needs
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Familiarity with database interface tools, SQL and programming concepts
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a team focused individual
- 2+ years of experience in analytical role (analysis, information science, data visualization or other relevant quantitative field)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master’s degree
- Experience with statistical tools and concepts (R, SPSS, SAS)
- Experience with Tableau, Spotfire or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling including linear regression, segmentation, non-linear predictive (e.g. logistic) regression and machine learning
- Project management experience
- Airline experience