PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of the Sr. Manager Application Development Technical position is to lead a team in the definition, development, implementation of Tech Ops modernization of legacy systems, with a focus on improving Agile practices (with an emphasis on SCRUM). You’ll help build an environment where continuous deployment/ improvement of the development process is the focus and everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding software as fast as possible to our customers. Passionate about group dynamics, you should not be afraid to raise issues and drive change. Thought leader, understand Leadership principles and have an insatiable appetite for coaching and developing technical resources, are all successful traits of the role.
It is critical that this role establish and maintain strong business relationships with both senior and operating level business leaders and be the key interface point of contact with the business.
KEY DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Establish and maintain strong business relationships with both senior and operating level business leaders
Understand and provide recommendations for improvement of Business Processes by leveraging existing IT capabilities, identifying improvements to existing IT capabilities and define new strategic IT capabilities
Stay abreast of business of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance
Be a Thought Partner, i.e. engaged with Business Owners/Business Process Development
Act as the point of contact and facilitate the work request demand and prioritization process
Educate business partners on roles, responsibilities, processes and deliverables required to ensure effective delivery of new technology solutions
Responsible for escalating, assisting and follow-through on resolution of issues related to delivery of technology solutions
Engage and ensure effective delivery of business deliverables and tasks with business partners for delivery of technology solutions (development of business requirements, scope management, training business change management and deployment)
Interacts directly with the client and support team members across the IT organization
Accountable for gaining and maintaining alignment of delivery success criteria with business partners
Accountable for effective project management and delivery of work requests and projects within committed budget, schedule and quality for individual projects while also meeting overall department performance goals
Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams
Provide cost estimates and business case updates
Accountable for ensuring technology solutions comply with architectural standards
Responsible for communication of progress to senior IT and Business leadership
Responsible for organizing and maintaining performance of any application issues in accordance with agreed SLA
Decision making responsibility within the discipline and escalates any issues which cannot be resolved to the Managing Director Application Development
Tasked with understanding all of the operating policies and procedures of the enterprise
IT Process Mgmt. and Administrative: 20%
- Accountable for administrative management of 5-10 IT professionals, either as direct reports or sourced – HR administration, Salary administration, Time Reporting, etc.
- Define, prioritize, allocate resources, track and provide status reporting of work assignments, projects, programs
- Budget and cost management for the projects/programs
- Ensure IT application development process disciplines (solution delivery, project management, work requests, QA, etc.) and standards are established, effectively managed and performed.
- Provide information and periodic updates to support overall IT performance metrics, monthly project status reporting and quarterly resource planning review.
- Ability to manage up to 5 or more applications
- Ability to manage up to 5 or more direct reports
- Ability to manage up to 2-5 M in budget
- Ability to manage up to 4 Business Partners
- Ensures projects/programs are completed within the committed time and budget and are integrated with other software applications
- Directs multiple teams of developers involved in the analysis, design and development of complex and large scale applications which may include both projects and programs.
- Organizational Effectiveness / People: 20%
- Provide leadership by establishing department and individuals goals
- Responsible for developing and maintaining an overall sourcing plan which includes creative sourcing options and alternatives to ensure supply capacities meet work demand, role and skill set requirements and cost objectives
- Responsible for assessing and recommending improvements to the organization structure, roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for department and individual performance assessments and improvement plans.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, assisting employees to develop individual career development and training plans.
- This Sr. Manager is accountable for maximizing the productivity of the applications staff and the maintainability of software systems, keeps abreast of new technologies, incorporates those technologies when appropriate and motivates others to utilize them.
KEY OUTPUTS / RESULTS
• Accountable for gaining and maintaining alignment of delivery success criteria with LOB and business partners
• Accountable for effective delivery of work requests and projects within committed budget, schedule and quality for individual projects while also meeting overall department performance goal.
• Accountable for identifying needs, securing commitments and monitoring progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams (matrix mgmt.)
• Responsible for providing assisting and expertise to develop technology roadmaps, evaluations and project proposals maintaining a strategic focus
• Provide cost estimates and business case updates
• Provide assistance to business aligned IT teams in ensuring value realization of business solution improvements.
• Accountable for ensure technology solutions comply with a well architectural standards
• Develop and maintain in-depth technical knowledge / expertise to ensure effective recommendation, design and performance of solutions
• Responsible for communication of progress to senior IT and Business leadership