We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
Streaming Data Manager - This position is responsible for integrating emerging streaming data technology into an established big data / relational data environment.
- Interfacing with various queueing technologies including Kafka, Tibco Enterprise Message Service, and IBM MQ Series
- Designing, implementing and testing Nifi based data workflows and user defined functions that transform and process XML and JSON based message traffic
- Interfacing with the Hortonworks data platform, including Hive, Data Flow, and data stored in binary ORC format
- Partnering with the enterprise message bus team to understand changes to message schemas, and changes to the overall enterprise message architecture
- Developing all solutions in an Agile software development environment, while usings its tools (JIRA, Confluence and Git) and its processes (standups, backlog grooming, continuous integration etc.)
- Understanding issues facing streaming message and complex event processing systems, and how the industry is overcoming them
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science
- Regular communication and presentation to organization leaders, with emphasis on visualization skill, quality, and timeliness
- Ability to lead and manage projects from start to finish
- Data / metadata management within a big data - based environment
- 3 years experience in solving complex business problems with applications of streaming / big data technology
- Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
- 3 or more years of experience with one or more of Java, Scala, Python or other programming language
- Comfortable working in Linux environments and with bash shell scripting
- Experience integrating new technology into established data platforms
- Experience troubleshooting production issues and working with the tier one help desk to interpret logs
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- MS in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science