We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The Worldwide Sales division is responsible for our Business Development Program. The Sales division is comprised of over 700 professionals worldwide, dedicated to building business relationships with: travel agencies, corporate travel departments and individual corporate travelers to generate a pipeline of high value customers for United.
With a growing number of Millennials & Generation Z traveling (or will soon), we want to capitalize on this market and gain their loyalty. The goal of the program is to:
- Identify new revenue opportunities for United Airlines at said university
- Increase membership into our Mileage Plus loyalty program
Participants in the Business Development Program will gain nontraditional marketing and sales experience to apply to their future career. They will also educate potential customers about United through campus partnerships and events.
Participants of the Business Development Program are expected to commit 20 hours per month ($15/hour), including monthly meetings with the Program’s Manager. Participants may also be eligible to receive round-trip, domestic flight passes.
Job overview and responsibilities
- Identify new revenue opportunities on campus through: athletic departments, student organizations, university administrators, faculty and staff
- Build and enforce brand awareness of United
- Increase MileagePlus memberships
- Assist sales team with new market activities
- Some travel may be required
Participants in the Business Development Program will start in mid-August with a (paid) two-day training session in Chicago.
- Individual must be active on campus through: academic clubs, sports, greek system, and/or campus organizations (i.e. student government, dorm leaders, etc.)
- In good standing with University
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail; organized
- Enrolled, full-time student in their junior or senior year (as of the 2018 - 2019 school year)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
We are looking to hire Campus Representatives from the following Universities:
- Stanford University
- San Diego State University
- University of Colorado
- University of Houston
- Texas A&M University
- Duke University
- Rutgers University
- Princeton University
- Columbia University
- Georgetown University
- Boston University
- University of Chicago
- Northwestern University
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Wisconson
- Letter of recommendation from current United employee
- Letter of recommendation by a university staff or faculty member