Manager – Data Analytics
OverviewUnited Airlines is seeking talented people to join the Data Analytics division. These teams leverage data and decision sciences to enhance organizational and commercial effectiveness across the company.
The analyst is responsible for developing analyses, processes, and reporting that deliver actionable insights. This position will also partake in cross-functional projects that require significant analytical and data-mining skills. Large scale data analysis will leverage SQL, R, Spotfire, Tableau, and other analytical tools. Activities may include visualization, experimental design, performance assessment, and predictive analytics. The analyst will work closely with stakeholders throughout a wide variety of department.Responsibilities
- Solve a variety of complex business, sales, marketing, pricing or operational problems by analyzing data and market trends.
- Data mining and analysis for ad hoc projects will include: exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics, and data visualization.
- Develop insightful dashboards that management can use to produce informed business decisions.
- Understand and utilize available tools to solve evolving business problems.
- Effectively communicate findings and complex analytical solutions to upper management.
- Background in quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Engineering, Operations Research) preferred
- Masters degree in analytical discipline preferred
- Willingness to expand upon known programming skills and continually develop/learn new technical skills in support of new tools/methods
- Significant experience with SQL and relational databases
- High degree of proficiency in Excel
- Strong analysis, data manipulation, and problem solving skills
- Desire to attack complex data sets
- Ability to work independently and manage several simultaneous projects with a focus on results
- 4+ years of experience as Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Developer, or a related analytical rolePreferred
- Experience with Big Data and Hadoop
- Familiar with machine learning
- Experience with Spotfire
- Management consulting background
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship