We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The qualified candidate will perform engineering, configuration and other administration activities for IBM Products – WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server and DataPower. This candidate will be required to work well in a team environment. Preferred to have experience in architecting and installation of Container Technology (Docker) for both on premise & public cloud. He/she must possess excellent communication skills and should be able to work in a collaborative environment with ease.
Principal Engineer Middleware leverages technical expertise in the area of Container and SOA technologies to strengthen the reliability, efficiency, and performance of the enterprise.
Job overview and responsibilities
- Execution against the IT Engineering strategy & roadmap
- Contribute toward creating, maintaining, and marketing the architectural vision and direction for Information Technology
- Understand and provide recommendations for improvement and usage of MWE strategies by leveraging existing IT capabilities, identifying improvements to existing IT capabilities and define new strategic IT capabilities
- Stay abreast of business strategy, goals, objectives and operational performance
- Be a Thought Partner, i.e. engaged with Applications Developers/Business Process Development
- Contributes in coordinating and leading in the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, and support for multiple complex platforms of large size and complexity (hardware, operating systems, software, and systems tools)
- Lead in providing consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming
- Implements multiple complex releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment
- Oversees and sets platform performance and availability improvements measures based on metric analysis
- Duties may include leading highly complex capacity planning, workload modeling, system maintenance/ administration, and diagnostics
- Monitor industry trends and anticipates future direction for system platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or 10 years of experience required
- Five years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate work experience in two or more of the following technology areas: WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, DataPower, WebSphere Message Broker.
- 1 year of experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Proficiency in Python, Bash, or other comparable scripting language
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- include everything under Other
- Master's Degree in Information Technology