We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Project Manager II in Corporate Real Estate (CRE) Planning and Development will manage facility and infrastructure related construction projects through envision, design, build and activate (EDBA) in accordance with corporate policies and standards and governing regulations and requirements. Manage several (10-15) projects that are typically less than $2 million and less complex in delivery. The manager in this role will collaborate with airport authorities, as required, to ascertain, understand and collaborate with the airport staff on facilities or other airport infrastructure projects to ensure the airline interests are accounted for and addressed.
Portfolio Planning, Development and Management:
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with airport leaders and United Internal Customers
- Develop project strategy and approach during Envision and develop multiple alternatives to achieve Project Objectives.
- Manages self to plan (with CRE Leadership), design and execute airport and commercial property facility and infrastructure construction projects
Manages the programming, planning, design, construction, schedule and budget related issues that pose challenges to the success of the project by drawing on knowledge of the the planning, design, construction process knowledge and experience.
Accountable for the compliance with budget, schedule and scope of the projects
- Responsible for the utilization of any PMLC process and standards
- Responsible for the use of Project Database, PM Artifacts, workflows, forms, Project Management Guidelines etc by self (and team)
- Uses of CRE Project tools such as Sharepoint, Microsoft Project, Oracle and others as defined by need
- Ensures that projects meet defined metrics as defined in the project business cases
- Responsible and accountable for transparent, accurate, consistent project reporting (weekly, monthly and quarterly) of portfolio of projects
- Responsible for governance of the PMLC (UA and CRE), artifacts, and guidelines
- Establishes individual goals that align with departmental goals
- Responsible in developing individual career development and training plans with leader
- Use technical knowledge experience to provide thoughtful decision making and guidance in strategic implementation of United’s approved projects
- Is solution oriented and committed to a creating and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement and innovation
- Models integrity, possesses self-awareness and fosters an environment of accountability
- Will be held accountable for providing constant and transparent communication to their Project Team, Leadership, Stakeholders and Customers
- Degree plus relevant experience
- Knowledge of design and construction management process and vernacular, understanding of best practices of Project Management
- 3-5 years Planning, Design (Eng or Arch) and/or Construction Experience
- Experience managing project tasks
- Degree in Science and Engineering or Construction Management and / or MBA
- PMP, LEED, Black Belt, PE, RA, CM
- Background in construction safety, capital improvement planning for facilities, Facility Management, Aviation Master Planning
- 3-5 years Project Management experience
- Experience managing project teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position