We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Customer Contact Center
The Customer Contact Center is the go-to contact for customers who have questions about their travel, their MileagePlus accounts and more. This department also helps customers book and manage reservations.
Reservations Sales & Services RepresentativeStarting salary: $13.89 per hour
Job overview and responsibilitiesReservation Sales and Service Representatives provide assistance and excellent customer service to the traveling public by performing various customer service and operational duties. Assignments may include but are not limited to work in the following areas: providing flight schedule and rate information, determining best routes and timing based on customer needs and providing other information and answering customer questions.
- Handle incoming phone calls that include booking itineraries and answering inquiries from customers
- Operates computer terminal equipment to access, input and retrieve information
- Efficiently handle special requests; assist all customers using United's guidelines
- Utilize customer service and sales techniques to effectively address customer needs and sell consultatively
- Consistently deliver a standard-setting product to our customers
- Maintain statistical excellence in all areas to support productivity goals
- Be accountable for all scheduled telephone time to meet service level goals
- Must have a high school diploma/GED or education equivalent
- Computer skills
- Must have excellent listening, communication skills and the ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- In addition to passing United's background investigation and pre-employment testing, candidate must be able to clear a criminal history check in order to obtain and retain credentials necessary for the position
- Must be available to work any shift that is assigned to you within a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation which can include late nights, early hours, weekends and holidays. Employees may bid for schedules several times a year and schedules are awarded according to seniority
- Overtime available/required depending upon operational need
- Must be available to work the entire shift you bid
- Requires you to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time in a small cubicle area. You will perform structured functions, such as typing information into a computer and speaking on the phone to customers, repeatedly throughout your shift
- Adherence to firm, pre-determined break periods. Other than scheduled break and lunch periods, you will be required to be at your work station performing applicable duties.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- At least 1 year experience in sales, customer contact or other related work
- Call center experience