We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Department overview (e.g. Sales Overview)
With great people, the world’s most comprehensive global route network, the best class of aircraft among U.S. network carriers and the industry-leading loyalty program, United is well positioned to deliver meaningful profitability and sustainable long-term value for our customers, the communities we serve, our shareholders and co-workers around the world.United is looking for people to join our Global IT group. With an increase of 400% in IT spend since 2012, IT is the largest investment at United after aircrafts. As we continue our transformation we want you to come join us as we take off! Our Infrastructure PMO within IT is the backbone and foundation for the projects that will help transform United for its customers and employees. We are looking for you to assist a strong team of Portfolio/Project Managers to deliver some of the largest, most significant infrastructure projects/programs globally under the Senior Leadership of Linda Jojo who won Chicago Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Year honors in 2017.
Job overview and responsibilitiesThis Project Manager for Security, Risk and Compliance Portfolio will be managing multiple medium to large moderately complex IT projects and will be responsible for planning, scheduling, and controlling of project activities to meet objectives to do software enhancements and software maintenance activities. This position will lead the business and IT groups through all phases of the Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC), and communicate effectively to Business/IT teams and will report to Sr. Manager – PMO for Security, Risk and Compliance Portfolio.
- Track overall project performance, cost, and schedule goals while maintaining project scope and adhering to change management processes; and coordinating all activities of the project to ensure the project progresses on schedule, within budget while delivering business value
- Manage medium to large infrastructure projects using best practices and be accountable for deliverables by understanding and balancing the competing demands for project scope, time (including estimating), cost, risk, and quality and collaborate with other project managers to assure a consistent implementation of project management disciplines and methodologies
- Coordinate medium to large infrastructure projects in IT Systems that involve team members across all areas of the enterprise, vendors, external agencies and partners
- Lead enhancement projects of various levels of complexity in a project manager role; to include creation of project schedule and risk management tasks
- Support cross-functional linked project teams to address business or systems solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required or another related field required
- Skilled at communicating (oral/written) effectively with peer group, middle and senior management in IT and customer areas, from all areas of the enterprise, including vendors, external agencies and partners
- Skilled at working successfully with people, leading teams and coordinating project activities
- Ability to analyze and change existing processes to reduce process time and resources to improve organizational impact
- Possess a minimum of 3 years of relevant technical or business work experience, especially for infrastructure related projects specifically in a Project Management capacity
- Financial knowledge and discipline
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- include everything under Other
- Experience in airline industry with business systems preferred
- PMP or other project management certifications considered a plus