Senior Analyst - Data Management-WHQ00010576 - JMDescription
United Airlines is seeking talented people to join the Data Analytics division. These teams leverage data and decision sciences to enhance organizational and commercial effectiveness across the company.
- Analyze and assess alignment with data governance policies. Recommend and manage monitoring and related efforts to ensure policy compliance.
- Along with IT and business partners, research and investigate enterprise-wide data sets in order to support current and future analytics initiatives.
- Development and execution of data testing and quality assurance processes to ensure delivery of high quality data insights. Collaboration with subject matter experts across the enterprise to discover, understand and utilize data sources
- Data mining, cleaning and transformation to ensure raw data is properly obtained and transformed into a state usable for analytics purposes. Recommend and manage data remediation and related efforts to ensure quality data.
- Delivers clear and updated business and analytics user documentation and reporting capabilities, as well as partnering with IT teams to continuously improve portal functionality as needed
- Bachelor degree required
- At least 3 years of recent technical experience in data related roles
- Experience working with large datasets and reporting tools, and ability to tell a story using data
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
- Experience participating in or leading succesful data initiatives
- Strong analysis, data manipulation, and problem solving skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Skills with Hadoop and general big data technologies.
- Master’s degree in business, computer science, or engineering
- Advanced SQL and/or programming skills
- Spotfire or reated visualizaton programs
- Experience with airline or travel industry preferred