We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Senior Manager - Operations Data Analytics
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
This exciting role will deepen and broaden your skills with leading edge technologies in the data and analytics space, and present you with opportunities to work with all aspects of the airline operation. Team members have a chance to make a difference in operational efficiency and help to improve operational efficiencies and customer experiences through data-driven insights. Let’s explore!
Our Operations Data Analytics team is responsible for driving data driven insights & innovation across the Operations organization (e.g. Tech Ops, Network Ops, Flight Ops, and Airport Ops etc.).
As a Sr Manager you will lead a team that partners with business and operations technology teams to define and execute data analytics initiatives that create sustainable improvements in operational efficiencies. This role requires business intuition, project management experience, and a working knowledge of analytical tools.
- Track projects from ideation to completion, including creating project roadmaps, detailed project plans and requirements documentation; Lead status meetings and manage frequent status communication to business stakeholders, IT teams, and senior leadership as required
- Partner with operational business stakeholders to identify key initiatives, and engage various data analytics team members to execute delivery of sustainable solutions to business problems using data analysis and advanced analytics
- Leverage data from a variety of sources to analyze business performance, identify areas of opportunity, and provide actionable insights to operations leaders and front line personnel
- Testing of downstream applications to validate data accuracy/quality
- Manage and mentor junior team members; lead hiring process for operations team members
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field (statistics, engineering, business analytics, information systems, aviation management or related degree)
- Passionate about data analytics, strong strategic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and project leadership skills, and strong attention to detail
- Experience working with large datasets and reporting or visualization tools, ability to tell a story using data
- Ability to proactively manage stakeholder expectations on current and future business needs
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative concepts in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Familiarity with database interface tools, SQL and programming concepts
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a team focused individual
- Experience managing people
- 3+ years of experience in analytical role (analysis, information science, data visualization or other relevant quantitative field)
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Experience with statistical tools and concepts (R, SPSS, SAS)
- Experience with programming language such as Python
- Experience with Tableau, Spotfire or other visualization tools
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling including linear regression, segmentation, non-linear predictive (e.g. logistic) regression and machine learning
- Experience working within various facets of an airline operation