We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.Sales
Join the largest revenue-generating department at United. Our Sales teams work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments and corporate clients.
Job overview and responsibilities
This role has responsibility for maximizing the customer experience by offering excellent fulfillment and sales support to our key Corporate and Agency customers. Complement field sales efforts by guiding service related issues to a mutually beneficial resolution for customers and United. You will also be multi-skilled in providing a whole host of other services pertaining to Ticketing and supporting the Shanghai call centre operations.
- Provide PNR-related, pre-travel and post-travel assistance to key Corporate and Agency customers, received directly from the corporation or agency or escalated from Reservations, and offer innovative/creative solutions that create win/win situations for both the customer and United. Tasks include but are not limited to fare related inquiries, upgrade requests, waiver & favor requests, debit memo or refund escalations, customer relations escalations.
- Coordinate with other United divisions (i.e. baggage, reservations, airport, customer relations, pricing, etc) to mediate and resolve customer issues within timely manner. Provide timely and informative responses to customer and field sales inquiries in a professional manner.
- Successfully track and report at a rate of 100% waivers/favors/traveler services and provide monthly reporting on accounts’ use of waivers/favors, budget call volume, upgrade usage, etc.
- Processing of ATP budgets and Upgrade banks, processing and reporting on Waiver & Favor accounts.
- Additional services include backroom ticketing fulfillment, refunds, customer problem resolution, daily email correspondence with TMCs and corporate customers.
- You will also support the Shanghai call centre operations by responding to queries relating to United Sales and Services including technical Fastres/Shares inquiries, web support, Company’s procedures/policies and the oversight of Group Reservation handling.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 3 years equivalent work experience
- Strong team player skills
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship building skills
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to develop new and better approaches to challenges
- Proficient in Reservations, Ticketing, Mileage Plus service work
- Sales and Reservation technology (MS Office, Sales Insight, CRS)
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in both English &
- At least 3 or more years airline experience in the area of sales, marketing or revenue management to/from Asia and North America point of sale
- Able to live and work in Guangzhou without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment