We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.Global Operations Strategy, Planning and Design
Global Operations Strategy, Planning and Design falls within United’s Customer Service Delivery team, the newest organization at United Airlines that includes all of United’s customer-facing teams such as Airport Operations, Inflight Services, Catering Operations, Customer Contact Centers and Global Operations Strategy, Planning and Design. The organization focuses on providing a consistent, positive travel experience at every point in the customers’ journey from booking to landing.
Job overview and responsibilities
The offshore Analyst will support United's Chicago headquarters by conducting analyses on operational and customer drivers to ensure network reliability and customer satisfaction. Operational components include flight and taxi times, air traffic control, aircraft maintenance and routing, ground time, staffing, airport congestion and construction, and fuel utilization. After determining operational elements' effects on United's on-time and completion performance, analyses will be translated into recommendations for business processes improvements. The analyst will balance operational and financial goals to achieve top-tier operational outcomes through profitable and sustainable methods.
- Extract and analyze data from relational databases and reporting systems - both those maintained by United and those developed by external vendors such as Sabre and the U.S. Department of Transportation
- Build predictive models and analyze results for dissemination of insight to leadership of the numerous operations groups at United
- Assist in ad-hoc decision support and scenario analyses to understand the impact of operational changes on network reliability, customer experience and financial performance
- Create and modify daily, weekly, and monthly operational reports as needed; take ownership of reporting structure and metrics in order to more clearly and effectively communicate relevant information to decision-makers and day-to-day operations employees at headquarters, in field offices, and at airports
- Prepare presentations for United leadership and external groups
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or in a quantitative discipline like Applied Mathematics, Statistics
- Knowledge in querying and manipulating relational databases via Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, or SAS
- Experience in one of C/C++/Python/Java
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- 2+ years analysis experience if Bachelor's Degree; 1+ year(s) if MBA
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Expertise with quantitative analysis tools (SAS, R, SPSS); familiarity with reporting tools (Tableau, TIBCO Spotfire, Oracle OBIEE, Brio)
- Experience with statistical and optimization models
- Knowledge of Big Data ecosystem
- Certified Analytics Professional
- 1+ year(s) in Aviation or Transportation industries