We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
As a Performance Analyst in the Application Operations team, you will be a self-starter who is seen as a technical expert responsible for the day-to-day performance and availability of enterprise applications used across United’s businesses. This will be accomplished with a combination of general application/environment understanding and the use of analytics and automation tools provided to you. You will also participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation and be accountable for all aspects of IT Service Delivery including incident, problem, and change management and ensure adherence to these processes.
- Consistently deliver excellent customer service to Application Operations customers, including business owners and IT development and operations teams.
- Foster relationships with leaders and key personnel of the departments that are closely worked with.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of APM toolsets in order to proactively identify and report application performance problems and failures; and to quickly and effectively support incident response teams as problems and failures occur
- Present application performance analysis and/or incident root cause analysis results, post incident summaries and appropriate incident follow up to applicable teams and leadership
- Participate in project teams to ensure operational instrumentation requirements are met prior to launching new applications into production
- Partner with Application Development resources to continuously refine application instrumentation in order to maximize visibility of performance throughout the application architecture
- Participate in a 24X7 on-call rotation, to provide after-hours support
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field and/or equivalent work experience
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of ITIL Service Management
Demonstrated technical experience with:
- Server administration concepts (Windows / LINUX / UNIX )
- Network concepts and troubleshooting
- Understanding of application server environments, such as IIS, WebLogic, and WebSphere
- Troubleshooting application and web server performance
- Database technologies and concepts, such as understanding basic SQL statements
- Scripting languages, such as PowerShell, Perl and others commonly used to automate administrative tasks
- 3+ years in an IT organization with experience in end user technical support or systems administration
- 3+ years of experience with ITIL Service Management in a medium to large IT organization
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Understanding of application messaging technologies, such as IBM MQ and/or Tibco EMS
- Familiarity of other technologies, such as Tibco BE/BW, Couchbase, Node.js and Cloud solutions
- Some application development experience (.Net, Java or similar) OR some experience as a systems administrator