We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Pricing and Revenue Management
The Pricing and Revenue Management department helps us run a successful business by predicting consumer demand and setting up pricing structures.
Job overview and responsibilities
We are looking for a motivated, proactive and result driven analyst with an academic background; someone who is eager and a fast learner. You have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Business intelligence tools. It is very important that you can work as part of a team and that you understand the organization. Do you have an interest in and a willingness to learn more about pricing in the dynamic airline industry? We would welcome you to the team!
- Responsible for matching and/or initiating fare actions in a group of markets, involving system and tactical fare filings using guidelines set forth by ASC leadership
- Coordinate implementation with corresponding analysts at CSC, including effective and efficient daily hand-offs
- Execute pricing initiatives and techniques to achieve optimal revenue performance in an assigned sub-entity. Check and troubleshoot fare filings to ensure accuracy
- Utilize competitive, historical, current market trends and market place knowledge and create proposals for the most effective way to set pricing fare structures. Discuss proposals with pricing leadership for their feedback and to assist in their decision making
- Communicate market changes to CSC-based and ASC-based pricing teams
- Assess the impact of pricing actions, present relevant findings, and develop recommendations for pricing leadership
- Work on ad-hoc projects that require knowledge of market level data
- Provide communication and support for numerous departments including ASC-based and CSC-based Network Planning, Sales and Revenue Management, including support for sales or marketing campaigns, pricing systems testing/requirements, etc.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded. Candidate must have the legal right to live and work in the Netherlands.
- University Master Degree in Business Administration, Economics or equivalent major
- Working knowledge of pricing system
- Knowledge of database products which allow for analysis
- 0-1 years of experience in inventory management or pricing
- Experience in reporting and analyzing data, having demonstrated the ability to solve issues with incomplete, uncertain or inaccurate data, leading to reliable insights and recommendations
- Analytical ability to create models and generate spreadsheets to provide support for recommendations
- Highly analytical and detail oriented, strong problem solver, with a passion for digging into data to identify critical outcomes
- Strong organizational, communication and teamwork skills
- Must be detail-oriented and have ability to multi-task
- Good business sense, with a genuine interest in the airline industry
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Netherlands for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position