Technical Operations is the engineering, maintenance, repair and overhaul division of United. Fleet, Product and Service Engineering are three of several groups in Tech Ops, and these openings could be in one of three core teams; Fleet Engineering, Product Engineering or Liaison Engineering.
- Avionics engineering is responsible for safely and efficiently maintaining aircraft systems reliability and enhancing functionality; as well as providing support for our internal customers. Responsible subject matter includes communications, navigation, autopilot, electrical, and indication systems.
- Fleet Components engineering provides technical analysis for component faults and reliability issues in order to develop comprehensive repairs and upgrades.
- Powerplant provides engine oversight working with Engine vendors on programs and ensures United’s engine performance is maintained to industry leading standards, will evaluate daily engine performance to ensure no action is needed.
- Structures engineering is responsible for maintaining and modifying the physical aircraft structure (fuselage, wings, empennage, windows, doors, etc.) to prevent corrosion and fatigue related issues. Structures develop technical instructions to accomplish inspections, repairs, and modifications as needed to support regulatory, as well as business, requirements.
- Systems engineering is responsible for maintaining a variety of aircraft internal systems. Develop programs and author paperwork to improve reliability and maintain safety of the numerous ATA chapters assigned to the team.
Product Engineering – This team consists of engineers that work in the following disciplines:
- Cabin Systems engineering is responsible for the safety, airworthiness, reliability, and installation of entertainment, connectivity, power outlets and lighting in the passenger cabin.
- Engineering Standards functions include reviewing engineering procedures and updating the General Maintenance Manual (GMM), along with new and current training initiatives, as well as manage the Organization Design Authorization (ODA) functions within engineering.
- Interiors engineering is responsible for interior configuration of the aircraft. A variety of project work with both vendor and internal customers is required to support interior systems on the aircraft
Liaison Engineering – This team consists of engineers that work in the following disciplines:
- Service Engineering provides 24-hour line engineering support at a variety of our hub locations, ORD, SFO and IAH. Investigates maintenance problems with line maintenance and initiates corrective actions to return aircraft to service in a timely manner.
This position will be hired as either an Engineer-Level 6, Senior Engineer-Level 5 or Principal Engineer-Level 4; the selection will be based on level of experience.