We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Help United take actions today to shape an environmentally sustainable future.
Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for coordinating due diligence and compliance obligations associated with construction projects at various locations across United's system. Identifying, managing and reducing United's environmental risk by overseeing Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, wetland and flood surveys, etc.. Working with airports on obtaining NEPA clearances and working with various agencies obtaining the necessary permits for construction (i.e., air permits, flood hazard, wetland, etc.). Oversee construction activities to ensure environmental compliance obligations are met, including but not limited to the proper management of soil and construction related wastes and stormwater BMPs.
Coordinate due diligence, obtain permits and ensure compliance obligations are met in regards to property acquisitions and construction activity
Coordination with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely support and communication of large real estate transactions and construction projects with respect to environmental due diligence and compliance
Management of vendors and environmental consultants, including soliciting bids and budget management
- Bachelors degree in environmental sciences/policy or related area
- Knowledge of environmental regulations related to construction and redevelopment
- At least 7 years environmental experience with due diligence, remediation, NEPA, wetland mitigation, redevelopment permits, construction waste management
- Proficient computer skills including WORD, EXCEL, OUTLOOK, and PowerPoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strong people, planning and organizational skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Masters degree in business or environmental management or related area
- Knowledge of environmental regulations related to the aviation industry
- Airline, aerospace, or airport experience