We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.Sales
Join the largest revenue-generating department at United. Our Sales teams work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments and corporate clients.
Job overview and responsibilities
Manages geographic portfolio of corporate & agency customers with keen focus on increased revenue generation and goal achievement. Develops tactical sales plan and uses consultative selling style to drive revenue/ share and build strong, “trust based” relationships within client hierarchy. Uses high level of visibility in local community as conduit for promotion of company messaging and new business development.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Corporate Client consulting: Develops customized client solutions thru in-depth data analysis, opportunity identification, market intelligence, deal building, account planning, quality account reviews and ongoing contract performance management. Incorporates appropriate combinations of contract components (incentives , corporate payment solutions, corporate leisure/meeting programs etc….) and alliance strategy to promote client value creation and establish United as a strategic business partner
- TMC Client Consulting: Extensive use of sales technology to identify mutual opportunities for increased revenues and share. Incorporates appropriate combinations of contract components (corporate payment solutions, leisure/meeting programs etc….) and TMC incentives to create a valued selling proposition for the agency’s portfolio of accounts. Supports branch locations of global agency relationships. Consistent focus on ROI of sales tools
- Leverages visibility within regions for increased revenue and share generation. Promotes executive/leadership accessibility and uses appropriate company platforms (ie: CEO Forums, sponsorships etc…) to create deeper/broader relationships within client base and prospect for new revenue and share opportunities. Actively participates in key community or industry related associations in order to shape their agendas, network with local executive leaders and generate new leads. Maintains relationships with airport teams in their region to build team loyalty and enhanced understanding of local customer profiles
- Strong negotiating skills and financial acumen. Analytical tools (Microsoft Office, Prism etc.)
- Minimum 5 years sales/airline management experience
- Must be fluent in English and Chinese (written and spoken)
- Must be legally authorized to work in China for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- The position is required to be based in Shenzhen
- Knowledge and user experience of the company’s systems and data sources used within Sales