We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.SalesJoin the largest revenue-generating department at United. Our Sales teams work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments and corporate clients.Job overview and responsibilitiesThe Senior Analyst is responsible for developing analysis and reporting that will deliver actionable insight for United’s Asia Pacific Sales Teams. In addition to scheduled reporting, the senior analyst will be responsible for ad-hoc project work, requiring substantial analytical skills. This position requires significant coordination with business stakeholders throughout a wide variety of departments.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Develop, enhance and QC reports – take ownership of metrics to clearly and effectively communicate relevant information to decision makers.
- Handle ad-hoc reporting requests and provide insightful feedback and analysis
- Manage multiple projects involving large data sets and numerous stakeholders, and deliver results in a timely fashion
- Work closely with teams throughout the company, including Sales counterparts Worldwide, Finance, Revenue Management, etc. to support data driven decision making
- Become a data expert; provide guidance and support to Sales and other groups
- Recurrent reporting - gathering data, updating recurrent reporting files, providing insightful analysis
- Ad-hoc Reporting - gathering data, producing user-friendly reports, providing insightful analysis
- Major project work - exploratory data analysis, predictive analytics, data visualization, user-friendly outputs
- Team development and training - develop training materials, lead training sessions, support Field Sales teams
- Background in Business, Accounting, Finance, Marketing, or other quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Significant exposure to SQL and Relational Databases
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiar with one or more business intelligence tools, e.g. Hyperion Brio, Oracle OBIEE, Tableau, Spotfire, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Intelligence Developer, or related analytical role
- Frequent work related travel is required; individuals must be able to travel internationally without any restrictions
- Must be legally authorized to work in Hong Kong for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the positionPreferred
- Proficient in at least one statistical tool – SAS, R, etc.