Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers—and your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Senior Analyst - Financial Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Company OverviewUnited Airlines is a leading global carrier focused on being the airline customers want to fly, employees want to work for and shareholders want to invest in. Against the backdrop of industry-wide consolidation and historic levels of profitability, United has transformed into a financially strong company. Built on a culture of Working Together, United is well positioned to deliver meaningful profitability and sustainable long-term value for our shareholders. Highlights of United Airlines include:
- World’s most comprehensive global route network, including world-class international gateways to Europe, Asia, Latin America, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, with non-stop or one-stop service from virtually anywhere in the U.S.;
- Optimal hub locations including key business centers and global gateways such as New York/Newark, Chicago, San Francisco, Houston, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles;
- A modern, customer-pleasing and fuel-efficient fleet of nearly 700 mainline and more than 500 regional aircraft; and
- Mileage Plus, the industry-leading loyalty program providing members the most opportunities to earn and use miles.
Group OverviewThe Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) department is responsible for overseeing United's budget and forecast, long-term business plan, capital plan and financial analysis. FP&A acts as a challenging business partner, working closely with each organization to provide financial and strategic support. Within FP&A, Technology & Digital Finance team works closely with the Chief Digital Officer's organization and is responsible for overseeing the digital revenue, operating and capital expenses for Technology and Digital teams.
ResponsibilitiesSenior Analysts in the Technology and Digital finance organization will gain in-depth exposure and experience in the airline industry, with assignments that may include:
- Developing department-level annual operating and capital budgets
- Developing business cases and providing analytical support for capital investment decisions
- Analyzing cost trends and resource utilization and developing performance metrics
- Performing the monthly forecast and close as well as providing accurate variance analysis and explanation
- Monitoring and reporting the health of projects by tracking project costs and benefits
Critical Skills and ExperienceExperience: • Minimum 3 years of analytical work experience demonstrating increasing responsibility, preferably in the following areas:
- Financial planning & analysis
- Corporate finance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office; emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Highly collaborative team player
- Working knowledge of financial statements
- Financial modeling
- Intellectual curiosity; desire to learn
- Self-starterEducation: Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related areas; MBA preferredCertifications: CPA or CFA appreciatedMust be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship