Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers--and your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.Production Associate - Sanitation AgentEqual Opportunity Employer -- Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASEPlease note that this position will be hired under the Chelsea Food Services divisional work rules.OverviewProduction co-workers may pack food and beverages, unpack/wash airline equipment, push/pull equipment to designated areas and read specifications to determine amount and kind of product to be packed in the applicable airline equipment. Open position(s) may include any one of the following departments.Key Duties, Responsibilities, and Activities
- Follow diagram specifications for accurate packing of required product and equipment to be placed on a specific flight.
Maintains beverage inventory in a specified work area. Operate a silverware bagging machine and store and organize equipment according to customer specifications including special meals and service items. Place dirty equipment in appropriate machine and/or containers provided for the specific equipment. Place trash in appropriate container (domestic and/or international). Prepares and packs equipment with the required product that is specified for a specific flight following menus and portion specifications including special meals and service items. Separates trash from inbound equipment (ovens, carriers, carts, glasses, silverware, and linen). Transport completed carriers and/or beverage carts to area. Pack food in appropriate equipment by menu specification
- Support the unit in the Lean Process initiatives
- Examine equipment for completeness and appearance of the product prior to storing in refrigerated or assigned area
Hours/BreaksShifts cover a 24-hour operation. Breaks and meal periods will be assigned according to number of hours worked in a shift.Qualifications
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, including holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed.
- Attention to detail.
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must clear a fingerprint-based criminal history check.
- Understand weights and measures (scales).Working Conditions
- The work is primarily indoors in a manufacturing environment.
- Employees must be able to work in cool area at 55 degrees, enter refrigerated areas to store food at 35 degrees, and work in a climate-controlled area of 38 degrees or less.Physical Requirements
- Continuous standing and walking.
- Frequent repetitive motion, reaching and handling.
- Lifting and carrying carriers up to 53 lbs.
- Pushing and pulling up to 60 lbs.