Ready to join one of the world's leading airlines? As a part of the United team, you'll learn everything you need to take your career higher.
AO Analytics interns will work with business leaders and SMEs using analytical, technical, and consulting skills to develop analytics required to improve operational performance. Work includes data mining, statistical data analysis, and performance reporting. Interns are also expected to gain an understanding of both United as a business and how it generates value for its customers by performing studies to understand different processes and help develop analytics to improve decision-making across different AO work areas. Position may require up to 25% travel.
Internships are paid, and course credit hours may be considered depending on university’s guidelines. Interns are eligible for travel privileges, and some may be eligible for a one-time relocation stipend.
- Analyzing and gathering data of United’s various operations to create data-driven decision recommendations.
- Use technical skills such as Excel VBA and SQL to perform data mining and analyses
- Build predictive models and analyze results for dissemination of insight to leadership of the numerous operations groups at United
- Assist in ad-hoc decision support and scenario analyses to understand the impact of operational changes on network reliability and financial performance
- Summarize finding and prepare presentations for United leadership
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge in querying and manipulating relational databases via Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata SQL Assistant, Oracle SQL Developer, MySQL, Microsoft Access, or SAS required
- Experience with quantitative analysis tools (SAS, R)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview) a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with focus on teamwork
- Current undergraduate (Junior/Senior)/graduate student majoring in Industrial Engineering or Computer Science preferred; must have completed courses in industrial engineering, analytics and statistics
- Internship requires at least a five month commitment;
- Spring internships are January 2018 to June 2018
- Summer internships are June/July 2018 to December 2018