We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Network Engineering is accountable for all LAN, Wireless and Mobile network engineering across our global footprint. This position also oversees our onboard wireless solutions and capabilities. The teams reporting to this position are responsible for network designs, deployments, configurations and improvements in all United global airport infrastructure and includes all Corporate Support Center campus networks. This is a 60/40 management and technical leadership role reporting to the Director of Network, Security & Voice Engineering.
Oversees teams of network engineers and team leads and their subject matter areas accountable for seeing that business and technology standards, best practices and processes our followed. Responsible for work flow and delivery of projects, oversees the integration and deployment of network technologies in local area networking, switching, routing, WAN optimization, Wireless, voice over IP, IP Telephony, video and other core network services.
An active participant for ensuring that the enterprise has the capability to support new technologies and maintain high levels of network performance and reliability.
- Leads, coordinates and evaluates the work of a team of network engineers to ensure function is providing all users with prompt and accurate services.
- Partners with various functional teams across the IT organization to provide direction and design principles for the network area.
- Manages and prioritizes the work of network engineers as well as manages external intake to ensuring proper processes are followed to effectively manage demands.
- Ensures network engineering solutions are clearly communicated to operations and change management.
- Monitors and stays abreast of industry trends and anticipates the future direction of enterprise networks.
- Accountable for administrative management of 6 - 8 IT network professionals as direct reports or sourced resources - HR administration, Salary administration, Time Reporting, etc.
- Knowledge and subject matter expertise in various products and services including but not limited to: Cisco network solutions, HP Aruba networking solutions, HP Aruba Wireless, Riverbed WAN optimization and SDN.
- High level knowledge in various security products and services including but not limited to: Cisco Firewalls, HP Clearpath tools, IDS/IPS, Palo Alto Firewalls, Sourefire IDS, Juniper VPN, Infoblox, Checkpoint Firewalls, HP Blade Servers, VMware ESX, and MS Hyper-V.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Information Technology or equivalent work experience or training.
- 5 to 10 years of experience it the IT networking industry
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a large enterprise providing networking architecture, engineering and operations
- Certifications CCDP, CCNP, CCDE or CCIE
- Experience with Aruba wireless product portfolio