We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
United Airlines’ Enterprise Data Analytics department partners with business and technology leaders across the company to transform data analytics into a competitive advantage. An offshore team based in Delhi, India works closely with this group and support it with complementing skills and capabilities. The key objectives are to improve operating performance, boost customer experience and drive incremental revenue by embedding data in decision making across all levels of the organization.
The team is currently looking for a SQL Server Developer who has a passion for data and analytics with the willingness to dig deep into details as well as the ability to assess the big picture. Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders in US as well as training and retaining key talent within the offshore team are keys to success in this role. This role will require strategic thinking and strong client focus. High-level responsibilities of the role include:
- Maintain and monitor SQL Server jobs for Enterprise Analytics
- Continuously find opportunities to develop and improve existing codes and jobs
- Ensure alignment and prioritization with business objectives and initiatives – help business owners make faster, smarter decisions
- Sharing of internal best practices and foster collaboration with internal and external teams
- Create and develop presentations for United leadership and external stakeholders
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven comfort and an intellectual curiosity for working with large sets of data
- Experienced in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from various sources to highlight patterns and relationships
- Deep expertise in creating Optimized SQL Query, Query Optimization, Performance Tuning Techniques, Table Structures, Indexes, Stored procedures, Triggers, Joins etc.
- Knowledge and experience with data warehouse / data mart implementations
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning)
- Demonstrated ability to use data to troubleshoot business problems
- Demonstrated ability to identify, assess and troubleshoot data issues
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support
- Be able to communicate complex quantitative analysis and algorithms in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- At least 2+ years of experience required as a SQL Server developer
- About 4-6 weeks of travel to US in a year
- Must be fluent in English and Hindi
- Must be legally authorized to work in India for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Master's Degree in a technical field like IT, Computer Science
- Experience in developing test scripts / procedures and executing test plans