We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Pricing and Revenue Management Overview
At United, the Pricing and Revenue Management department optimizes revenue for the company’s industry-leading network. Pricing defines price points based on industry dynamics and customers’ willingness to pay, as well as assigns rules to the fares. Revenue Management forecasts demand for each fare product and overbooks the sale of seats to account for cancellations. Both Pricing and Revenue Management are essential to United’s efforts to maximize revenue on its network.
Job overview and responsibilities
The MBA Intern will influence the pricing and revenue management decisions in a multi-million dollar market portfolio. Additionally, the candidate will serve as an internal consultant providing business analyses on various strategic initiatives such as:
- Developing and implementing pricing strategies, customer segmentation approaches and new market launches strategies
- Formulating distribution channel strategies
- Defining pricing issues and identifying how pricing facts, data, and decisions link to overall business strategy issues
- Partnering with other commercial divisions such as network planning, marketing, loyalty program and sales to influence joint strategies to drive resultsThe position offers candidates an opportunity to work on high-visibility cross-functional teams to formulate advanced seasonal plans, analyze market trends and communicate revenue opportunities to senior leadership. The candidate will also develop analytical marketing skills around consumer choice, price elasticity and customer segmentation.
- Candidate for Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) graduating in winter 2018 or spring 2019
- Have a minimum of three years professional work experience with demonstrated analytical experience
- Has strong analytical skills
- Has demonstrated leadership ability and experience
- Possess a deep interest in aviation industry
- Has the ability to motivate others, to communicate complex ideas clearly, to gain the respect of colleagues and to work collaboratively in a team setting and motivate others
- Has a strong personal drive and motivation
- Has exemplary professional behavior and values
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position