Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
OverviewThe Sr. Security Engineer position has responsibility as a primary security and technical resource for the IT Security Engineering department and provides security and technical oversight for designing, testing, and implementing information security solutions in coordination with other IT groups as necessary.
- Builds relationship and partners with member of IT Security and Risk Management, Enterprise Architecture, Network Engineering, Security Operations and with functional areas across IT and the business to raise and support the security posture of the company.
- Designs, tests and deploys IT security systems and solutions.
- Develop security engineering requirements, standards and guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Review applicable security support models and identifies opportunities for continued process improvement.
- Monitor and review requests for change to assure they do not introduce any security and/or compliance risks to the enterprise and meet security requirements, guidelines and compliance requirements.
- BS/BA, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training requiredCertification
- CISSP certification or equivalent preferred
- CCSE certification preferred
- At least 2 years of experience with Checkpoint and security engineering
- At least 2 years of experience working with cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of leading Cloud providers and security services they provide.
- Knowledge and subject matter expertise in various security products and services including but not limited to: Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Palo Alto Firewalls, Sourefire IDS, Checkpoint VPN, Juniper VPN, Infoblox, HP Blade Servers, VMware ESX, and MS Hyper-V.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position