We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Loyalty OverviewUnited’s loyalty department is a multi-discipline organization responsible for all aspects of the customer loyalty experience. The United Airlines Loyalty is responsible for delivering products and services to customers throughout the travel journey that drive customer engagement and loyalty. The group designs the program structure and benefits of the MileagePlus program. The loyalty department is responsible for creating partnerships with valuable entities to extend the value of the program beyond the customer flight, and into consumers’ daily activity. The loyalty department works with other Star Alliance partners to ensure the availability of its products and services while MileagePlus customer travel with them.
Job overview and responsibilitiesLoyalty business associates have the opportunity and expectation to work across the various groups within loyalty. These include the following:
- Loyalty Partnership Development and Management
- Loyalty Premier program and member benefits
- Loyalty Program Operations
- Loyalty Currency ManagementAll of these groups work closely to deliver a consistent loyalty product and Service that is integrated throughout the airline experience.Job responsibilities:
- Analyzing completive trends, developing marketing plans and tracking performance relative to plans/budget.
- Analyzing and evaluating the performance of all products or member segments including all pricing and communication initiatives.
- Creating marketing and advertising programs, working with marketing agencies and creative groups on design and implementation of successful campaigns
- Working with ancillary and revenue management teams to design strategies for using miles as a currency for air and non air products.
- Operational performance analysis, working consistently to improve our operational procedures, speed to market, and flexibility.
- Partner management, working with partner managers to support management and campaign execution and delivery of value for existing partners.
- Responsible for managing relationships with partners and vendors.
- Work closely with other groups such as Marketing, Customer Service, Legal, and Partner Marketing on communication and product features.Loyalty business analysts are not part of a formal rotation program, however the expectation is new hires into loyalty will have the opportunity to work in two or more roles over the course of their time in the loyalty department, as they build the skills and knowledge to enable them to advance into leadership or subject matter expert roles within the department.
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; must be comfortable talking to and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft office products, Excel and PowerPoint
- Current undergraduate student graduating with bachelor’s degree in Winter 2017 or Spring 2018
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Positions will be based in Chicago, IL
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship now or in the future
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position