Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers—and your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Invitations to interview may be sent via email. Please be sure to check your mailbox frequently and ensure that communications from Taleo.net are not blocked.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note that this position will be hired under the subsidiary United Airlines collective bargaining agreement or divisional work rules until a joint agreement or combined divisional work rules are obtained.
- Opening, packaging and sealing of boxes and crates
- Heavy lifting, pushing and pulling in the loading and unloading of trucks, carts and conveyors; Fueling assigned vehicles
- Transporting parts and materials between various locations, sorting and counting items and preparing labels and related ticketing documents
- Reading and interpreting documents or instructions to build kits for use in aircraft change orders, first aid, in-flight and charter services
- Responsibility for maintaining an orderly and safe work area and maintaining familiarity with operating procedures, general rules and regulations
- Operating a variety of equipment with manual and automatic transmissions including forklifts, trucks, tractors, tugs, and electric carts
- Working with hand tools, such as remote computer terminal sets, bag sealers, saws, mobile radios, shears, knives and staplers
- Handling hazardous materials, flammable materials and/or hazardous waste
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Related experience preferred
- United will consider applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a valid state issued driver's license
- Acceptable driving record required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position