We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Join the largest revenue-generating department at United. Our Sales teams work closely with travel agencies, United travel departments and corporate clients.
Job overview and responsibilities
This role has responsibility for maximizing the customer experience by offering excellent fulfillment and sales support to our key Corporate and Agency customers. Complement field sales efforts by guiding service related issues to a mutually beneficial resolution for customers and United. This position will also be multi-skilled in providing a whole host of other services pertaining to ticketing and supporting the other functions in Shanghai Sales Team.
The incumbent is expected to perform job duties include but not limited to:
- Provide PNR-related, pre-travel and post-travel assistance to key Corporate and Agency customers, received directly from the corporate or agency.
- Offer innovative/creative solutions that create win/win situations for both the customer and United. Tasks include but are not limited to fare related inquiries, waiver & favor requests, issue group deposit, debit memo or refund escalations and customer relations escalations.
- Coordinate with other United divisions (i.e. call center, airport, refund, customer care, pricing, etc) to mediate and resolve customer issues within timely manner. Provide timely and informative responses to customer and field sales inquiries in a professional manner.
- Successfully track and report at a rate of 100% waivers/favors/traveler services and provide monthly reporting on accounts’ use of waivers/favors, service fund usages and SME etc.
- Additional services include backroom ticketing fulfillment, supporting to Inside Sales Representative, the oversight of group reservation handling and joint sales call/training to TMC/travel agency.
This position is offered on local terms and conditions. Expatriate assignments and sponsorship for employment visas, even on a time-limited visa status, will not be awarded.
- Strong team player skills
- Proficient in Reservations, Ticketing, and GDS/CRS system
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in both English & local language
- At least 3 or more years Airline Reservation/Ticketing or Ticketing Agency experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills with the ability to develop new and better approaches to challenges
- Must be legally authorized to work in China for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- Successful applicant must be prepared to work outside normal office hours and travel as required occasionally according to company and operational needs
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment