Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers—and your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Base Specialty Facilities Mechanical Maintenance Technician
The major duties of the mechanical maintenance technician are to guarantee the maintenance of mechanical processes in a manner that will ensure the highest reliability. The job description of someone holding this position covers performing repairs on malfunctioning motor driven systems, controls, pumps, and other components.
· Schedules are bid and awarded according to seniority
· Technicians may bid for schedules several times a year and schedules are awarded according to seniority
· Technicians are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
· Salary increases will be administered according to the current IBT/United contract
· New employees are required to join the union within ninety (90) days of employment
· There is an initiation fee for joining the union and subsequent monthly union dues
· Must have a high school diploma/GED or education equivalent
· Team player required
· Customer focused required
· Must have knowledge, ability and previous experience in the maintenance, repair and modification of a variety of industrial equipment including fixed shop equipment such as powered shears, drill presses and press brakes, etc., and mobile equipment such as hydraulic test benches.
· 12 months’ experience of trouble shooting, repairing and overhauling various hydraulic and mechanical systems and components including centrifugal and positive displacement pumps required.