We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.Airport Operations
The Airport Operations department keeps operations at our airports running smoothly through planning, organization and supervision.
Customer Service Representative - Japanese Interpreter - Part-time
Starting Salary: $14.75/hr.
Job overview and responsibilitiesJoin United as we develop the world’s leading airline. As a United Airlines Customer Service Representative (CSR) you can play an important role in making passengers appreciate the quality of service offered by United. The positive interactions that CSRs have with passengers at the ticket counter, gate, baggage services, or United Clubs will have a direct positive impact on the company. That is why we put a premium on hiring courteous, caring, and customer-focused employees who can not only communicate with passengers, but also listen. People with the desire to take that extra step to improve someone’s travel experience. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for assisting passengers with flight reservations, ticketing and check-in, boarding, customer service and complaint resolution, as well as receiving aircraft. Assignments may consist of, but are not limited to, work in areas such as the ticket counter, gate, baggage services, international departures and arrivals, United Clubs, and others.
- Communicate with passengers
- Generate passenger reservations and boarding passes
- Resolve disservice situations (e.g., determine alternate flight options for delayed, cancelled or missed flights, change/rebook a reservations)
- Read passenger identification documents, checked baggage labels or tags, and flight status information
- Operate a computer to enter and retrieve data
- Lift baggage and boxes/packages weighing up to 70lbs.
- Open/close aircraft door before flight departure and upon flight arrival
- Stand for up to 4 hours during a shift
- Walk continuously when providing customer service
- Operate the passenger loading jet-way bridge
- Read the weight of baggage from a scale and assess the baggage fee if required
- Perform simple calculations
- Ensure compliance with United and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and policies
- Other duties assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or education equivalent
- Must be fluent in reading, speaking and writing Japanese
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must pass a background check
- Must be able to work during day and night shifts, weekends, and holidays; mandatory overtime may be required based on operation need
- Must be able to work outdoors in all temperatures and weather conditions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position