We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Senior Manager of Common Use Technology, Field Services, will provide leadership in the operational aspects of supporting Common Use Technologies for the IT Field Services organization. The Senior Manager role will lead the governance structure for standardizing common-use implementations, support of processes, standards and tools necessary to support the following themes across the various groups in IT:
- Strategy and direction for infrastructure
- Vendor Engagement
- Industry Representation
- Project Execution: Airport Open, Move, Conversion
Specific responsibilities for the Senior Manager – Common Use Technologies may be accomplished in one of several ways depending upon the function:
- Provide Strategy and Direction around governance, vendor engagement and Industry Representation for United
- Execution of Project through Project Intake, Prioritization and Execution to support Application Development, Airport Opening, Terminal Move, or Conversion between Vendors
- Validation of Airport Environments to include Airport Authority and Common Use Local User Board (CLUB) Representation, Airport Inventory, and Dedicated Equipment
- Review Common Use Provider Contracts regarding New Airport RFP, Contracts and Invoices
- Support Problem Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- 10 or more years of total experience in IT related disciplines.
- 2-5 years of experience managing all aspects of large scale project or program management including staff development.
- Solid understanding of PMO process definition and metrics.At least one year in a role having significant forward planning responsibilities.
- Ability to achieve results through influence.