We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Department overview (e.g. Sales Overview)
Responsible for consultation to the internal and/or external customer as well as 3rd party suppliers in order to solve problems related to technology. Study the organizations current systems and procedures in order to design new system solutions and troubleshoot existing issues and present solutions. Possess expertise in the customer area he/she supports and has technical understanding of the business unit’s systems, capabilities, and respective technologies. Analyze customer processes and requirements. Prepare specified project documentation according to UAL standards. Assist in business process redesign as needed. Maintain communication with customer and team members and promote a team environment. Working closely with development teams and service providers.This position is within our IT team that directly supports our Customer Contact Centers. The person in this role will work with a portfolio of applications that support major technology programs and the built out of contemporary applications. These applications are focused on telephony, voice analytics, application/phone integration, soft phone, web services and UI development.
Job overview and responsibilities
- Provide system analyst leadership for pillar systems such as Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Computer telephony integration (CTI), Automatic Call Distributor (ACD), call routing and queuing, customer case management systems, Softphone, call analytics and reporting platforms.
Working with existing legacy systems or new application development.
Consult with management and users to determine needs, identify existing issues and provide recommendations.
Define, facilitate, implement, maintain and support solutions to meet business needs
Works/Consults across multiple applications and complex projects that require subject matter expertise; functions as a project leader
Conduct research and analysis of business requirements, problems and available technologies to define systems solutions that increase efficiency and effectiveness
Produce modeling, structured analysis and samples
- Consult with management and software users to determine system needs, identify existing issues and provide recommendations
- Works/Consults across multiple applications and complex projects that require subject matter expertise; functions as a project leader
- Produce modeling, structured analysis and samples
- Develop specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers or technical resources to follow
- Oversee and execute implementation, coordinating of tests and system validation
- Works independently as required
- Makes decisions within guidelines & policy
- Plan and Design solutions after Requirements are gathered
- Create complex workflow models and process maps independently directly from a defined spec sheet.
- Facilitate meetings with Technology, Business Leaders and 3rd parties to develop needs and requirements
- Develops best practice solutions
- Develops improvement and enhancement to current solutions
- Develops solutions to existing problems/issues
- Develops project scope
- Translates business requirements to technical requirements
- Creates service level agreements
- BS/BA, in computer science or related STEM field
- Contact Center or Call Center technology experience
- Strong understanding of Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Computer telephony integration (CTI), Automatic Call Distributor (ACD), call routing and queuing, Softphone and call analytics and reporting platforms.
- Customer Service / Case management systems (such as KANA).
- Call & Screen Recording tools (such as NICE)
- Application requirements, design and test
- Business performance reporting and monitoring
- Report design and development
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- 5 or more years IT and/or business experience, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training.