United's ability to provide a seamless experience during all aspects of customer and or flight disruption is critical to our overall customer experience and the efficiency in which we operate. Due to the inherent complexity of customer and flight disruptions including IRROPS, no one area of the company is focused on the overall planning, measurement and operational coordination of this operating environment. As a result, these events are handled as an exception as opposed to a core component of the operating environment. This position will fill the day-to-day operational role of customer recovery for customer and/or flight disruptions and any other incident deemed impactful to United's brand. This will include the use of automation tools to process customers' records and work strategically to resolve issues both proactively and reactively.
Manages the customer and/or flight recovery process in coordination with the station, the Solutions Sr. Supervisor, Solutions Manager and/or Solutions Shift Manager. Jointly develops and executes a recovery plan for customers who experience a travel disruption
Responsible for utilizing the Journey Management System to rebook customers during IRROPS, and using solution-based problem solving to minimize the impact to customers
Works collaboratively with Contact Centers on solutions for customers not re-accommodated through automation
Proactively identifies, responds to and solutions operational challenges and recovery efforts on an individual, flight, station or region level. This includes working with station personnel on recovery solutions.
Responsible for adjusting/opening flight level inventory related to operational issues.
Responsible for coordinating customer-focused operational considerations to, but not limited to extra fuel stops and FLIFO adjustments and updates
Strategic problem solving and strong inter-departmental communication skills are essential
Provides in the moment solutions and customer care for notable flights
Provides guidance and communicates to all United, United Express and UGE stations worldwide to assist employees during irregular operations by providing timely care to our passengers
Responsible for understanding escalation process to Solutions Manager based on customer and/or flight severity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with personnel at all levels of the organization, external business partners, team members, and customers
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, but also collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability, problem-solving, initiative, and superior decision-making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in either Line/Hub station or Network operations.
- Line/Hub station or Network Operations leadership roles within the past 12-18 months
- Rotating shifts, 24/7 shift work and work on holidays and weekends
- Ability to travel ~10%