We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilitiesThe Senior Manager - IT Disaster Recovery has overall accountability for the United Airlines Disaster Recovery Plans for IT systems. They manage the development and implementation of the policies and procedures for disaster recovery plans, application recovery plans and technical recovery plans. They partner with our 3rd party vendors to deliver, manage & coordinate testing plans with various operational and support groups within IT.
- Program manage the overall United Disaster Recovery Plan implementation inclusive of infrastructure, application and process components.
- Provide visionary and strategic direction for the United Disaster Recovery Plan including (but not limited to) site failover, application level failover, data center strategy, & cloud initiatives.
- Lead the ongoing operational run of the United Disaster Recovery plan
- Orchestrate the execution of the disaster recovery plan(s) when a business or IT disruption occurs and a disaster is declared.
- Lead the Data Center consolidation project and partner with the Data Center Facilities team to determine Data Center Strategy.
- Partner with peers in the infrastructure and application teams to advance the Disaster Recovery program
- Partner with Risk Management to coordinate Business Recovery Plans with the IT Disaster Recovery exercise.
- Assume operations leadership responsibility for data center disaster recovery, with a major focus on
- Ensuring the adequacy of end-state production recovery environments
- Meeting all strategic planning deliverables
- Vendor management of our Vendor partners
- Coordinating the activities of technology resources with key business units and development groups as required
- Perform business impact analysis of IT all systems and publish IT DR Strategy
- Organize and coordinate a data center disaster recovery test on a quarterly basis. Perform post-mortem lessons learned and coordinate the remediation of issues found during testing.
- BS or BA degree (preferably in a management or technology related field) or any combination of equivalent education, experience, and formal training that allows the candidate to meet the requirements of the job
- 5+ years’ experience either establishing or running an IT Disaster Recovery program and/or business continuity program.
- 5+ years’ experience running Disaster Recovery tabletops and/or failover exercises
- Proven experience managing a data center move and/or consolidation program
- Proven experience as a program/project manager