We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
- Recognized expert in an enterprise architecture discipline. Defines roadmaps to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities. Provide industry-leading thought leadership - and facilitate development of strategies across multiple disciplines/domains. Facilitate development of architecture patterns and standards. Consult in design of complex enterprise initiatives - and provide guidance to project teams. Consult in design of multiple projects across multiple disciplines/domains. Manage enterprise architecture models and repositories. Communicate and market the enterprise architecture strategy.
- Architecture Planning
- Model the enterprise-wide business and technology capabilities using enterprise architecture modeling techniques and tools.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the IT division to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and propose solutions.
- Decompose business strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain the centralized EA repository and artifacts.
- Enable strategic and transitional planning of applications, technology, information and business functions across the enterprise.
- Consult with internal and external resources during the selection and implementation of business systems.
- IT Delivery
- Works independently with multiple projects to provide direction and align solution architectures to enterprise strategy & multi-year plan.
- Participate in the design of business, information and technology architectures on the basis of cost, functionality and practicality.
- Ability to leverage programming tools and paradigms necessary to reduce complexity in established and future systems
- Hands on experience developing proof of concept solutions to evaluate and leverage new technologies
Strong work experience as a developer (J2EE)
- Experience in web development using React.js, HTML, CSS
- HTML, Java Script, JQuery, Angular JS , CSS
- CouchDB, Relational DB Experience (SQL, ORACLE)
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Organizational Development
- Facilitate open communication and fact-based decision making.
- Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business and technology problems.
- Clarify, define, coordinate and direct the work of others.
- Provide guidance to other architects.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Information Technology or Business or equivalent experience, education, or training.
- Business Acumen – The ability to make insightful, successful business decisions and tradeoffs assessing the internal and external business landscape, strategies, opportunities, strengths and weaknesses. Involves knowledge of the industry – and awareness of the key trends shaping the future of the corporation.
- Creativity & Innovation – The ability to define new, original ideas and successfully implement them across an organization. Involves an ability to think “outside-in”, assess conventional work products and processes, define new concepts, and manage change across the organization in implementing them.
- Persuasion – The ability to engage and enroll others in an initiative – both individually and in a group setting. Involves articulating the new possibility for others – and leading and engaging others in direct, positive, meaningful conversations.
- "Big Picture" Thinker – The ability to maintain perspective and establish context. Involves being able to recognize patterns and predict outcomes – and leverage them to redirect personal and/or team work effort in the optimal direction.
- Strategic – The ability to visualize and plan for outcomes in the future, and sustain work in achieving the outcomes. Involves an ability to support short-term trade-offs in order to achieve longer term gain.
- Communication Skills – The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication. Involves an ability to speak and write clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Prioritization – The ability to successfully manage multiple competing work efforts across multiple teams. Involves assessing impacts, importance and urgency and setting direction and expectations – in order to meet or exceed expectations for timeliness and quality of work.
- Two years applicable experience in business, information or technology architecture
- Experience in leading technical staff or coordinating work across multiple technology teams
- Masters degree
- Valuing Diversity – The ability to accept and promote diversity in concepts, processes and outcomes – in order to implement effective business solutions. Involves being open to new ideas, encouraging engagement from stakeholders and focusing individual and team work effort along the best approach
- Negotiation – The ability to resolve disputes and produce an agreement, that is perceived as a collective advantage to all parties involved. Involves the ability to tailor the process, behavior and substance of the negotiation in order to reach agreement
- Vendor Management – The ability to manage external vendor relationships professionally, to United’s best interests. Involves managing and negotiating contracts, statements of work and financials. Ability to hold vendors accountable to high standards of performance
- Expertise in design and implementation of complex IT solutions
- Technical knowledge in area of expertis
- Awareness of industry best practices and research