We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world — come find yours.
Department overview (e.g. Sales Overview)
With great people, the world’s most comprehensive global route network, the best class of aircraft among U.S. network carriers and the industry-leading loyalty program, United is well positioned to deliver meaningful profitability and sustainable long-term value for our customers, the communities we serve, our shareholders and co-workers around the world.United is looking for people to join our Global IT group. With an increase of 400% in IT spend since 2012, IT is the largest investment at United after aircrafts. As we continue our transformation we want you to come join us as we take off! Our Infrastructure PMO within IT is the backbone and foundation for the projects that will help transform United for its customers and employees. We are looking for you to assist a strong team of Portfolio/Project Managers to deliver some of the largest, most significant infrastructure projects/programs globally under the Senior Leadership of Linda Jojo who won Chicago Chief Information Officer (CIO) of the Year honors in 2017.
Job overview and responsibilities
The Sr. Manager - PMO Portfolio Management is responsible for leading portfolio prioritization, affordability, capacity planning, and effective execution/delivery within their prescribed portfolio reporting to the Managing Director.
Leads strategic portfolio planning/road mapping with the business
Leads a team of Project Managers in a Portfolio to achieve results in alignment with United and IT’s strategic goals and organizational objectives
Participates in both small- and large-scale projects for the design, transition and operational activities associated with the delivery of new or existing services
Manage cross-functional resources and tasks to ensure on-time, budget and quality delivery
Provide communications & Stakeholder Management including developing and delivering progress reports, proposals, requirements, documentation, presentations and status reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required or another related field required.
- 5+ years of direct PMO leadership / portfolio management experience in a $500M+ global business
- 7+ years of experience as a working in Project & Program Management
- Must possess demonstrated understanding of performance management, business consulting, project management, and applicable technology
- Experience required in multiple technical platforms
- Must have worked within a multi-disciplined, cross-functional technical organization with matrixes reporting relationship
- A track record of continuous improvement in a new product development environment
- Executive presence and ability to lead
- Superior project management skills, including the ability to execute and prioritize a number of tasks simultaneously and experience managing cross functional teams.
- Understands and can implement project portfolio management techniques to continuously improve return for United Airlines, Inc.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualifications
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
- include everything under Other
- Experience in travel industry, especially airline related
- PMP Certification