Now taking off: Your career
Where do you want your career to take you? Chances are you can get there with United Airlines. Our environment is open, honest, and focused on our customers—and your success. So choose a career path. And rediscover what it's like to enjoy your job.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions. Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
OverviewThe Director – Infrastructure Program Management provides direction, guidance and leadership to a centralized team that supporting the Infrastructure Portfolio. This team functions as the single point of contact for other IT or business teams to request services from the IT Infrastructure team. The team coordinates the activities of the IT architecture, engineering, operations, and support teams to ensure that IT infrastructure services are delivered accurately and on-time to meet the requirements of the Airline and IT leadership. Key areas of focus include, Portfolio Project Management, Reporting & Analytics, ITIL Service Management, Financial Management, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning and Project (Solution) Engineering. This critical position reports to the Managing Director PMO.
- Effectively implement PMO best practices to maintain better cross functionality by driving the strategic vision and maturing the PMO
- Assume accountability for both the capital and operating expense budgets for Infrastructure
- Provide strategic consulting support and advise leadership on overall planning, prioritization, execution and delivery of projects within the portfolio by establishing business priorities and advising on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
- Provide overall PMO governance and oversight to ensure compliance to SDLC standards and drive excellent execution
- Lead annual and multi-year strategic planning exercises
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI)/metrics, standard Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Service Catalog and create reporting mechanisms
- Develop and deploy world class project management methodologies across multiple work works, coach/mentor Project Managers to achieve and improve results
- Drive a portfolio sequencing process and establish effective resource demand and capacity management to ensure resources are effectively deployed
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to PMO processes providing information on technical trends, reporting and automation.
- Dramatically improve delivery capability by designing and deploying best practices
- Assess various work types within the area to better define criteria and delivery for projects, functional enhancements and standard service offerings.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration, or MBA preferred
- Must possess demonstrated understanding of performance management, business consulting, project management, and applicable technology
- Experience required in multiple technical platforms
- Must have worked within a multi-disciplined, cross-functional technical organization with matrixes reporting relationship
- Must possess demonstrated understanding of financial management, strategic planning, performance management, business consulting, project management, and applicable technology
- Knowledge of the business area's products and processes; experience in the strategic use of technology in managing and growing a business
- Technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to the business
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; a demonstrated track record in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans
- Understanding of how IT affects an organization and ability to link it to redesigned business processes
- Experience in driving information technology strategy and planning. Creating and working with business partners to create a sustainable Business and IT strategic 5 year plan and a planning process
- Proven work experience in IT infrastructure, application development management, multiple major project and systems implementations as a senior project manager and design, development and deployment of an original solution delivery process
- Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of work experience in large and complex corporate IT environments or equivalent consulting experience
- Experience in travel industry, especially airline related
- Experience in establishing ITIL services / service catalog
- PMP Certification
- ITILv4 Certification
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position